September 10, 2014

DREAM & JOURNEY

Hi today I am showing some mixed media work.I am loving working with this art lately. I love working with  gesso,paint ,and sprays...so much fun and easy to do.

First up is a canvas...in both projects I have used dies to cut out of card stock as well as chipboard.
Basically you start off priming your canvas with Gesso.A couple layers if your gesso is on the cheaper side.I then cut out all my designs. Gluing them down and covering them with gesso. I also layed down stencils using texture paste to give dimension.Once you have your layout you then can start spraying...Once I was happy with that I took paint and dry brushed the tops to highlight the dies.And adding gems and pearls.





My second project is a journal that I altered using the similar technique as above.Although instead of paint to highlight I used Inkagold in silver.




Thanks for stopping by Hugs :)





1 comment:

Tracy said...

Both of your mixed media projects are stunning!!!
I love the colours and all the dimensions to both your canvas and journal.